New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2019 :  06:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't resist it. The seller wouldn't ship but I found a bike shop a couple of blocks away from where the seller lived. The shop owner sent someone on foot to walk the M1 back to shop. They are packing it up today and it should be here next week.

/img]

Johnsfwdbent
recumbent enthusiast

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2019 :  20:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dang Jerry that thing looks awesome!!
Congratulations!?
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1044 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2019 :  22:32:46  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did u burry your wife in the back yard? You got two vehicles this week.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  08:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks John. No I didn't bury the wife, but she threatened me with something similar! Now I have a different ride for each day of the week.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  15:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is too big to ship by normal methods and FedEx and UPS want $500+ to ship it economy freight. I am using uship.com again. The average price for this is $229 from Seattle to TX. Check them out if you haven't before. They will help with just about anything you need to ship.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  14:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Picked up this morning and on its way from Seattle!

Edited by - Jerry on 01/10/2019 14:14:23
Go to Top of Page

SpiderMonkey
recumbent guru

USA
523 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2019 :  11:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous bike. Great commuter once you learn to look under all the cars and put a rear fender/finger saver behind your head!

--SpiderMonkey
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6444 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2019 :  19:58:34  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL, +1 on fender/finger saver. Did you have any issues with that on your NoCom?
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2019 :  21:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This will be my grocery shopping bike. It is fast enough to get home with the ice cream before it melts. I feel pretty lucky as I now have a NoCom, M1, and a Greedspeed SLR (super low racer). I have my eye on a Quest too! It should be here by April.
Go to Top of Page

SpiderMonkey
recumbent guru

USA
523 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2019 :  19:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My only ever NoCom injury came during a commute into Alexandria from my home in Falls Church. I was in Arlington and reached back to adjust my neckrest while rolling down a hill at about 25 mph. Rubbed a lot of skin off a couple fingers! I made a carbon fiber half-fender that attaches to the headrest base after that. Kept the sewage off the back of my neck too. I don't commute on the NoCom anymore. I should try Jerry's ice-cream portage, but without the giant chainstay stowage like on the M1, I'd have to keep the Ben and Jerry's on my chest.

--SpiderMonkey
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2019 :  08:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My NoCom came with a fender thanks to Warren. If you keep the ice cream on your chest it will keep you cool on hot days and the heat will soften the ice cream enough you can dig out a scoop with your tongue! If you have very far to go, you will not have much ice cream left. Haha. Better buy two.
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6444 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2019 :  11:24:06  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My fingers got sucked into the back wheel twice, while adjusting my helmet at low speed. Yeah I lost a lot of skin too. That was the main reason for that fender. As a plus I didn't have to clean the road grit out of my hair any more...
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  11:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My new baby is here!

/img]
Go to Top of Page

awilson40
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  13:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding... Glad you got it.

Optima Baron Elite
Cervelo RS
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  18:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6444 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  09:47:35  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sweet. The M1 has a more upright headtube angle than the NoCom, which apparently makes it handle better at low speeds.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  12:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And it fits me like a glove! I really love I have 2 tubes, my cell phone, and some snacks right in front of the seat. It came with rotor cranks, gold chain, the original cranks and BB, gunner bars, pedals, and even CF repair cloth. The tires look brand new, Durano Plus, which I will keep on it for training and riding on the streets. I still need to get figured out some of the other goodies it came with. I don't think it has been ridden in a very long time. Even the chain was completely clogged with cob webs! And yes, it is easier to start off than the NoCom and has more turning before hitting the chain.
Go to Top of Page

Toecutter

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  18:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How fast are you in this M1?

Also, the guy who sold you the Greenspeed SLR PM'd me on bentrider asking about your status as banned there. You didn't break the rules there from what I can tell, so we both found it strange.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1439 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  21:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still getting the M1 the way I want it and getting use to it, but it is fast! It out climbs my other bikes and is faster on the flats.
Go to Top of Page

awilson40
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2019 :  18:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad it's working for you

Optima Baron Elite
Cervelo RS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic