New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1429 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2019 :  12:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I got the WAW the seller had used all thread to push the tank steering forward so much he had to put the brake handles on backwards. My hands were bloody from hitting and rubbing the wheel wells CF. I changed that then move the BB back a 1/4". Found out that one of the clamps that holds the BB assembly to the boom was broke. The bracket is pretty flimsy and I am going to just use some self tapping screws to replace it. Or build a clamp from steel.

First picture is the way the steering was and second one the way i have it.

/img]

/img]

Now I can shift the gears without a problem and can brake better. Also i now only need one hand to set parking brake. So far am loving the WAW.

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2019 :  11:39:49  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More pics jerry please. When ya have frt and rear fairings off.

Is your waw a hardtail?

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1429 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2019 :  13:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, hardtail. I'll make all future posts about here.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry
human power supergeek

USA
1429 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  19:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to cut the old light switch out and solder in a new switch as the old ones plastic case broke in half. The right turn signal would not work.n I re-checked that the wires were correct, even made a jump wire. Finally touched the jump wire to the left turn signal wire and both lights were blinking. Ok, i know the LED is good. Cut the new switch out and soldered the old one back in. Everything works! Hmmm. Come to find out the china made POS switch has the flasher at the bottom instead in the middle position where it should be. Reminds me of the late 50's-60's-and 70's being flooded with the crappy Japanese stuff.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000