www.recumbents.com - i want to build a low racer short.
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Technical / Bike Building
 i want to build a low racer short.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Balor
recumbent guru

Russia
991 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2019 :  16:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The chainless lowracer is a great idea, unfortunately their Kernel hub is geared for touring, not racing.
18 speed pinion is a much better fit I think, despite the weight.
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power expert

USA
3726 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2019 :  06:23:54  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are the cranks shortened on the hub? The BB would only be 12.3 inches off the ground, might have heal ground strike.

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2019 :  08:16:32  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks balor, i got good deal on second pinion.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2019 :  08:31:03  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alevand

Are the cranks shortened on the hub? The BB would only be 12.3 inches off the ground, might have heal ground strike.

C:
Tony Levand

I been looking at that tony, looks like it might clear. This wheel has 1000 Kilometers on it they said. Let’s see if i can ride it LMAO! I do have pinion shortened cranks on the pinion i rode for past 6 months or more, this used pinion came with wheel. They used it in france before they went to their own style of transmissions. I think they should have offered both. They probably had alot of money in design and making the pinion hub which they had wrong,, you had to cut 2 ears off pinion gearbox. Not good for less than 1/2” larger hub inside. Front fender want go on with smallest Continental tire. Need to relace fromt wheel to same 26 inch rim at rear i have.

Mod i made:
1) machined custom axle
2) bought STURMEY ARCHER rear brake
3) laced new rim with kojak
4) stock STURMEY ARCHER brake cable out of box fit perfectly. Take rear wheel off quicker than nascar. Both ends of brake cable come swaged. Now i want a swaging tool kit:)
5) also the bike needs dual side kick stand, will fall over. Heavier on front tire like cruze bike.

————————-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 12/08/2019 07:25:50
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2019 :  09:11:43  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ill have a lead tool (mold being machined) soon to put ends on brake cables. I have rcbs lead pot & release agent for lead. Experimetal from a Youtube.

https://youtu.be/Ysd8JkWclmc

Over a while with extra time i will convert my lowracer to kervelo front cruzer. Well something to do and i like my other store bought kervelo. Luckyly l have front kervelo monoblade and front wheel. Might try a new rim and street fat tire on front.

Heres the head steer tube ive had a while and the monoblade from france:

Here is my extra kervelo front wheel below:

I haf to figure out how to make a new strong boom to hold head steer tube up from front of seat in carbon. And the front wheel is 26”.
———————————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 12/08/2019 09:12:49
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2019 :  11:48:06  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOULD IT STEER BETTER WITH WAY LESS RAKE IN THE HEAD TUBE??????

U see monoblade and front wheel in post above. The photo below shows the mod i will do to my lowracer to convert it to chainless.

Let’s call it the “vertical head tube tower”. It’s wide at base like my velomobiel rear boom tower. It’s a triangle shaped going vertical. It can accept aluminum or carbon headtube with hysol I use. Would work with DOW u-428 adhesive to.

If ya could get the angles correct that makes it steer great ya could pull mold from it.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 12/14/2019 11:50:29
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  23:47:24  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fake mock-up in wood to be used in 8020 jig fixture.

________

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  19:17:46  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bump for mr. tetz.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000