Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  10:13:53  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
working on this a week. Now riding again. Twin sturmey archer drum brakes at rear now @ at all 4 wheels now.

ZOOM IN:

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 01/19/2020 10:14:56
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  11:01:14  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
milling the plugs nowdays of thick fglass. it痴 much better.

覧覧覧

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2020 :  16:46:38  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
zoom in and you can see i cut manhole out today from the rest of the rear top and moved it forward 2&1/2 inches. I also reshaped hole where knee bumps will go into top.

________

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 01/24/2020 19:36:17
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2020 :  02:38:38  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Slower shop after trigger finger operation 22/jan.,,, right ring finger. ibuprofin/hydrocodone.
覧覧

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 01/23/2020 03:25:38
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2020 :  02:41:24  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote

1)above photo is tab on both sides of milan gt seat.

2)Below pic: the seat rest in these floor mounted bracket saddles, L&R on floor,, u can see how easy it is to take seat in and out.

3)Below photo is another great idea: seat top leans on headrest getting rid of any other upper hardware.

覧覧覧

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 01/26/2020 16:08:46
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2020 :  15:55:58  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote

1)Since i will ride with top on or off till completed I used the DF velo rear seat hardware to change out back and forth while body work on top plug goes forward. Cotton flox will cure til 6:30 then layers of carbon over these two pieces of wood that is the base mount.
2)this allowed me to remove the temporary crossmember behind seat l been using since beginning. Plus try out this new idea of seat resting on headrest from daniel Fenn. If i make a new top modified seat, l can cut this experiment off of the plug.
覧覧覧覧覧
brevity & misspelling rampant:

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 01/26/2020 16:11:00
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2020 :  20:55:43  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Notha experiment: schlumpf gone, putting rohloff in nose. Oh well, we will see this week. One short chain on the twin cog rohloff and longer 2nd chain going back to rear.

覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2020 :  14:43:10  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
4 wheeler with great used rohloff from ebay.

https://youtu.be/gtzVwHYu7KA

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2020 :  18:51:46  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
update: its saturday night 8th feb 2020

https://youtu.be/JTVUdVhfIdI

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  14:14:50  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gates carbon belt and gears coming tomorrow for 4 wheeler experiment.

Been sanding and fitting rear cowling to top for 10 days.

2/21/2020 friday morning: just slow process of sanding top plug. Rear grey plug ready to pull mold, stuff will be here tuesday. Rear cowling and top plugs are around 40 pounds now. Will go to storage in lawn leaf bags after l pull molds. Sand an filll sand an filll sand an fill:)

Last years top: full canopy/sold

覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 02/21/2020 09:15:30
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2020 :  11:29:17  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gates corporation. Denver Colorado. Gates carbon belts and gears for all bikes. Including Pinion gearbox痴, Rohloff痴 and more. 2/3/4 wheelers.

Stuff came 2/21/2020 friday. Gearbox drive experiments.

https://youtu.be/zo5JBBPxp-4

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2020 :  21:46:25  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thinkin about many moons. Cant believe i did it in one day, some stuff goes like that. Front top access door cut down bout 6 inches. Now more room for larger knee bumbs, looks alot better imo, Stronger, and if milan style entrance needed there is room now.

Large green Real estate now to use.

Smaller access door on top:

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 02/23/2020 21:48:09
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2020 :  19:38:09  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote

my finished quattrovelo differential complete with gates carbon gear and origin single speed kit from ebay. I have 2 differentials so i can quick change rear ends.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 02/29/2020 19:40:08
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2020 :  19:49:09  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote

after the forward gearbox projects ive learn to take the after7 chain valley more forward for strength for gearbox, milan style boom, waw boom, or the summer velo i will build next in fglass. The wide valley adds super strength, this is the backbone along with the bridge and rear bridge that holds rear chain wheel house. A dust cloud out in the driveway for a while.
_______

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 02/29/2020 19:50:14
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2020 :  20:01:17  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
7 days and nights a week here:
top plug is getting to about 20 lbs or so now and its back in one piece. Has toe & knee bumps built in now. I also made manhole 2 inches longer and its still not comfortable to exit . Now just sand every day bondo for who know how long.

Also: the front access door is a third smaller now. Its all i need. Equals a lil more top strength, Smaller mold to make the door. Less weight for door/2 layers plain weave carbon.

_________

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 02/29/2020 20:03:52
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2020 :  21:28:53  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have seen high end mold hardware at airplane shops. I made my own today with couple段ng nuts from lowes, just a inch long deep nut. I epoxy floxed (cotton meal) them in place. I did the rear pic you see and all along the belly, u see the bolt heads. NOW ya just screw the bolt out one side, other side nut is permanent. Now it takes minutes to split the 9 foot mold in half to get the carbon unibody out. Brevity & misspelling rampant.
覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2020 :  11:31:43  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
march 2020: experiment

https://youtu.be/WcnjmhXTU_s
覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2020 :  15:23:48  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
current photo 5 march 2020: i remember l use to have a pinion 18 speed sitting here/my favorite. But i had to do the experiments with gates carbon belt so l tried the nose. iam liking it so far. Making a bracket for the rohloff tensioner mounted on the boom.

Update: 14 saturday march 2020, took till yesterday to perfect this experiment. Ride again today and hunt extra things that might pop up. It has the gates snubber (zoom in) on front gates cog, and you see the skate board tensioner l made on harbor freight mill.

Zoom in: current update w/new chain tensioner,, and perfected gates belt snubber.

My youtube channel: pushyhog Facebook is: mike mike lecka & velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 03/19/2020 18:03:59
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2020 :  20:44:57  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
another mod to chain valley in big mold. l just took it more forward up past heel wells for more boom strength.

U can see lots of sanding in the valley left w/wet sanding and priming plus finish the front addition with bondo: lots of work goes on,, cant post everything.

覧覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 03/06/2020 20:51:15
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2020 :  13:22:35  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
been on this on and off while doing other things for 3 weeks. Extended the chain valley more towards nose and have been perfecting the seam of the two piece lower unibody mold. I shoot alot of bondo with cake-icing bags from walmart.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/01/2020 22:01:42
Go to Top of Page

Terry

Canada
62 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2020 :  22:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like to follow your progress but , your photos are SOOO big !
Hard to read !!
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2020 :  19:37:04  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Terry

I like to follow your progress but , your photos are SOOO big !
Hard to read !!

i know , i blame it on warren and photobucket:). Ha! yea pb has had many changes. I値l try working on it more. All i have is iphone, just pinch and zoom.

this is my iphone:

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 03/18/2020 19:39:55
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2020 :  17:51:58  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
amatures opinions with modern tech ain't so bad! Think about it, with products below.

U see the grey plug many times here that will make an orange 3rd piece of this 3 piece mold. I am buffing now, making mold/tool over next few days. I did buy a classy german buffer long ago with implements from usa. U see the buffing compound i use, & u see the incredible mavcoat release agent i use.

you can make plugs if i can, well when u get 65 and retire:)

Next below u see the 3 part primer i use to roll down in this rear cowling mold when complete before laying carbon innegra. Last cowling i made was fglass/kevlar. Try carbon maybe this time. So many different weaves are terrible for mini-micro air volcanoes that the painters cant hardly get ride of,, but with primer in prepped mold this goes away. With painted carbon products it makes this whole game easier from the plug to the mold to the part with modern tech supplies:

Awlgrip three part primer: primered parts are sanded way less by painted and painted.

Built the grey forward fence last couple days, mounted with bondo, used special wax from uk to fill seams, 6 coats of mavcoat & 4 coats of orange tooling gel coat over mavcoat then one layer of 3/4 ounce glass mat,,,,, walk away till fully cured or next morning.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 03/20/2020 12:35:20
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  11:52:08  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
plenty tators beans coffee, just keep working in heavenly shop.

Rear cowling mold: tu/24/march/2020,complete now!, 4 layers of 3/4 ounce glass mat. No ready for 7 ounce and then 40 ounce fglass cloth using polyester resin.

The business end of plug and mold below. Found a seat for the re-enforced plug down in the big orange mold. 3 piece mold, iam just making the top roll-over piece. If l can u can!
覧覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/01/2020 21:59:24
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2020 :  08:19:17  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
since SRAM discontinued sram johnnie snot l bought 3 syringe痴 on amazon. Quality grease for many moons now.

Its now called SRAM butter, l have one of those too.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000