Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2019 :  16:43:28  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Four and one half hours non-stop today: cut out old chain canal out of mold for a wide chain valley. Foam, fglass, micro, awlgrip will follow.

Outside, a perfect day for this kind of work, warm and no wind.

I have foam now.
———-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 03/24/2019 17:43:55
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2019 :  17:47:31  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don’t that pretty??? Hood came in. Velo will be two-tone white.

Its so light it feels funny.
————

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6424 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2019 :  14:01:41  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you shortening the wheelbase?
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2019 :  20:35:05  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, just like the df 4 wheeler parked beside the yellow quest, i like. Much shorter than larger quattrovelo velo which hauls a child.

Below: yellow quest & black 4 wheeler df prototype.

——-
Stops and slows ya down but gotta be:
1) rear boom tower mold mod.
2) chain valley mod in big mold

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 03/24/2019 08:02:38
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2019 :  17:55:14  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Down in the unibody for week or so: scribing molds/tools now , tired of hunting holes for next time.

I measure a bunch then sleep on it then measure again. & again.

https://youtu.be/Yw5XrS3qwzg
—————————-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2019 :  20:39:39  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 3 michael engineering pumps. One is compositeenvisions epoxy other two pumps i have are MGS epoxy. This one below l just bought a new lever kit for it. Now it is adjustable with their chart and lever kit. Its now 45/100 by volume for MGS, maybe then best on earth epoxy (many airplane companies use MGS epoxy. 200$ per gallon kit, I decided to use it because it is the best to soak into carbon using less cups in layup.

Bought first pump from them in 1993

———————105

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/03/2019 11:06:08
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  10:56:11  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Building rear wheel house, 10mm wheel axle. Photobucket or iphone pics huge.

This will be one off part because mold has been modified for building the next velo to a wide chain valley :

Foam and carbon with left and right lateral wings becomes one strong unit to strengthen floor laterally.

Got-R-Done /April 9-19-PM: bonded in ,, dry by morning. Lead weights squeezing adhesive overnight. Next is mount for front chain tensioner somehow.

———————————-
Brevity and misspellings rampant

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/09/2019 22:09:56
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2019 :  01:11:24  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cabosil and MGS epoxy mixed, hard as hell.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2019 :  13:21:13  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Custom bottom brackets for the macpherson stuts upfront. Took haf a day and some welding from joe, these are like hilgo/sinner. I put them on yellow velomobiel too.

————-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/14/2019 14:31:46
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2019 :  09:23:56  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ran a 10 car hauler and a 6 car enclosed for 9 years, hauling a 75 thousand dollar 57 chevy convertible one time i learned that the body was sitting on thick leather to frame. Leather last long time, cheap and easy to replace.

I use leather on my six tie-rods at front steering of the velomobiels.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/14/2019 14:27:59
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2019 :  09:31:04  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Quattrovelo chain tensioner mounted below pinion 18 speed. Had some aluminum, joe welded into a T-shape, fitted, drilled, painted. FASTENAL’s 5mm nuts,star washers, bolts,, hold it together.

Clamped and the bond is curing til tomorrow. Unit slides with aluminum pinion bottom bracket.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/14/2019 14:29:48
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2019 :  14:19:29  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Installing hardware, may can ride this week in primer with no top:

Pinion 18 speed with its own chain tensioner:

Front photo:

——————

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2019 :  14:23:49  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Next experimental project : see if hilgo floor shifter can work.
1)twin cable on rolhoff twist instead of springs is more positive and may help experiment.
2) will make a custom floor mount.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/14/2019 14:26:30
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2019 :  17:58:40  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Way lighter than the mule, mule is in storage now. Still need to finish top & rear cowling (above). But iam riding this tomorrow if i can figure out temporary hardware to hold top of seat (probably wood and fglass).

18 speed pinion 4 wheeler, quattrovelo rear hardware from velomobiel.nl

See the saddles (very thick 40 oz fglass/soric honeycomb & some carbon) l made to hold velomobiel on table. Works incredible. Granite piece up front with chemical release mavcoat to do small epoxy work.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  13:55:23  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CAN BURN SOME FAT NOW. (-:) update 16th 7:00pm, made some brackets for lights, going out again. Love these dang velomobiels. Retired amateur. Well 4 year degree university of google and finished a masters at youtube university:)

Yay, very happy with first ride on this second velomobiel. Be good if my experiment with hilgo floor shifter works. But pinion is great for now. Gotta finish work on top and rear cowling.

Gotta work on big lower mold mod. Wanta make a nose-less, top-less trike style unibody with low walls for easy entrance/exit. Make it in fglass with black epoxy, paint it any color. Put your favorite hardware in. Hardtail or swingarm but will always have front macpherson struts w/sturmey archer drum brakes. No brake at rear for 3 wheeler.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/16/2019 17:56:01
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  10:51:10  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
German company MOUSER, w/warehouse in dallas texas also:

You pay lil more but better than the 30$ ones:

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/17/2019 12:56:45
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  21:17:45  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice to have both, doc hasn’t come to pic his up after i use it for tv.

————-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2019 :  10:47:09  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes i do work day & night 7 days a week, but watch westerns in between.

1)New diy velomobiel lift: short youtube

https://youtu.be/JXfwh9qeF5Y

———————
2)Don’t need help to pic up velomobiel anymore:

3)after use, lift stands up against wall out of the way.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/21/2019 17:05:01
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  17:10:08  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Modified the front chain tensioner that was on the r&d mule. Now it’s working incredible on new velomobiel, its beefy and can take anything. I cut these wheels on my hf lil’ mill. Free used skateboard wheels, 4 new bearings w/washers $2. I weld up the bracket. They are quite & absorb.

Need the tensioner to take on next experimental project of rear 10 speed floor shifter.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/21/2019 17:21:37
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2019 :  22:36:28  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Experiment with hilgo rear floor shifter in my 4 wheeler velomobiel. Need some luck too.

https://youtu.be/DboXK3pKsaw

I mod’ed the longitudinal traction bar, here the new strong bracket i just bonded in to cure all night (DOW u-428).

Maybe this is the base plate i will use, but will sleep on it. This will be a great 10 speedshifter if i can make it work. No springs.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/24/2019 23:06:39
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2019 :  20:26:34  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dogwood festival, ft bragg/fayettevile sure has knock dead gorgeous women. Rode 15 miles.

—————————-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2019 :  11:46:48  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am moving forward 1/2 of top up to nose, it didn’t look right. This is a plug, but i can ride with it to check everything before pulling mold from this top master/plug.

Use some of Garrie’s seat cushion pucks he gave me to try. Thanks much.

——————————

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/30/2019 12:00:30
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2019 :  11:58:21  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Need 10 speed chain, soaking all factory sticky goo off (i hate that stuff). When clean i use the Aussie’s downunder homemade wax (youtube). Rice cooker with Paraffin oil (ebay) & paraffin wax (local store). I cook a while and hang up. I like it much better,,, clean chain in a velomobiel stays super clean. He rides a cannondale but i like his recipe. You can use the recipe many many times..

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2019 :  13:01:03  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SOME CAN IMAGINE THE LOOK WHEN UPPER IS COMPLETED: use your imagination!

My rear is lil’ wider below shoulders than this rear photo:

I will work on front piece a lil’ this week. Back surgery monday, will be shut down, but ya haf ta walk daily.

Lol, a df waw quattrovelo quest bd-5 glob. I love it. So cool to have a velomobiel.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 04/30/2019 13:05:45
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2019 :  15:05:08  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Trying to ride a lil’ before back surgery. Riding with front off so i can see where i need to build in clearance bumbs for knees and pedals. I rode today with hood on, kept me cool.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000