Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  13:34:18  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[update] just prepping the big lower mold here on friday.

Now lower mold is complete and ready to prep and layup a unibody.

Drilled, top mount curing in flox/epoxy. Couple blemishes covered in micro.

Here is pic of upper top:

覧覧覧覧

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 10/19/2018 17:32:39
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2018 :  20:40:38  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[edit monday 22nd night time: sprayed on 6 coats mavcoat with tiny gun, wiped down with paper towel between coats every 15 mins then covered again as in pic below]. Next clear gelcoat.
[2nd edit, it痴 night time... The mavcoat is now covered with mix of duratec hi-gloss additive and clear gelcoat & its dry to touch for hours but i will let fully cure before layup of cabon.]

Mavcoatmoldrelease.com taught me this & allert @ velomobiel.nl:
1)cover after cleaning lower tool with alcohol.
2)cover after spraying 6 coats of mavcoat release.
3)cover after spraying clear gelcoat over Mavcoat release.
4)after you pull your carbon part out of mold/tool, cover again & be ready to make another part which is the beauty of mavcoat release.
5)painter, very happy,, he or she sands clear gelcoat and then do their thing.

覧覧覧覧覧覧
Brevity & misspellings rampant

覧覧覧覧覧

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 10/23/2018 18:12:21
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2018 :  08:38:07  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Been working on experimental plane i have for sale. After this 4 wheeler is completed l want to build another small plug and mold/tool. My rear cowling is removable and i want the front removable so if wrecked in front or rear hopefully the whole velomobiel is not damaged. Just replace front or rear. Like the waw, it makes for ease of transport. Well, it痴 something to thing about.

I use 4 kinds of carbon:
1)11oz., twill
2) uni, looks like a wooden deck all in one direction.
3) 7oz. Twill
4) thick biaial carbon
5) innegra in between carbon layers.
覧覧
velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 10/26/2018 09:31:04
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2018 :  17:06:40  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amateur carbon layup/2nd velomobiel:

Nice one piece front wheel well layup, some hardpoint locations are 4 layers (seat mount & vertical layers for Macpherson strut). Takes at lesst 3 hours to cut patterns, carbon and layup. By myself l use peel-ply to stop and start another day. Do other ww soon. WW痴 are worst part. Quattrovelo uses 5 women to do the unibodies layup, i need 5 women.

覧覧覧覧

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2018 :  15:27:19  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just for this nose area in front of wheel wells. The rest is more forgiving going reward.

5 hours, tough work! Twill (2), uni, innegra. Did learn couple techniques that will save me on next one. Thats just the way it goes.

FLOOR/chain canal last.
覧覧覧覧覧

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 11/12/2018 16:30:09
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2018 :  15:43:42  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More pics of unibody. Floor and rear vertical bulkhead left. Then let cure.

Did left & right rear walls today.

All the hardware from this will go in carbon unibody, then heavy frame an fenders in storage.

覧覧覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2018 :  23:15:37  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1st layer of rolling chain canal. Have a seat with peel-ply.

Yellow Dacron peel-ply is so wonderful. Throw in the garbage next day & keep rolhoff段ng.

Only rear bulkhead to complete:

覧覧覧-
覧覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 11/02/2018 16:56:39
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2018 :  20:52:22  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is 4 wheeler: pop out of tool this week later, try to make a vid.

https://youtu.be/579PyZPu388
覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2018 :  21:21:46  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank heavens for mavcoat release. World record holder solo, yep l gotRout by myself. I owe it to Mavcoat release. If ya like watching wrestling, ha,,, thats like what it is. I did learn some stuff/tricks for next time to ease release.

Well you致e seen the rear ww痴 up above, they will go in the rear of this blk carbon unibody.. When i get better there will be less waisted time doing light body work on outside of these unibodies.

覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2018 :  11:48:47  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, here i go trying to put these pieces together. Top pieces will be a plug to make a mold. Rear WW unit setting there to be fitted. Its a unibody so there is body work much.

Top is down forward, (top plug is 4 pieces with some bondo, foam, wood, & much sanding) can稚 see in most pics. And i have pedal clearance. Will be riding it topless and no rear cowling for a while.

覧覧覧覧
覧覧覧覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 12/17/2019 20:07:55
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2018 :  16:47:30  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Working on fit at rear. Four wheeler WW痴 going in and body work. Wheel base 46 inches.

Last night and lil today: measured, drilled, & cleico弾d rear 4 wheeler unit in.

覧覧覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 11/11/2018 14:57:12
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2018 :  16:38:35  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Installing rear WW痴.

Yellow Quest ,,, and DF four wheeler prototype photo below:

覧覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 11/18/2018 08:56:27
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2018 :  09:02:27  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just slow body prep and light primer going on, nothing to show. Experimenting with my air brush for spraying thinned primer for unibody and down in the big lower mold/tool that then gets wet sanded smooth as possible in mold.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2018 :  12:26:11  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mock-up of side mount front derailleur. Try to figure it out.

覧覧覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  06:27:34  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They will film here Wednesday about the velomobiels, shows on pbs, youtube, east coast tv. A great youtube channel.

Coming next week around 9th.

https://youtu.be/yPQa4IhEnyI

覧覧覧

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 12/04/2018 12:51:07
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6560 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  15:28:29  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool!
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  11:15:58  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Warren: tv show bumped up 10 days, cameraman he uses went to emergency hospital for something.

The new upper setting there, stare at it and measure. Later it will be foam, wood, lots of bondo. A bunch of work i will do to get a good shape and pedal clearance.

Last years top : take the yellow one for a spin soon.

覧覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

awilson40
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  06:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, thats looking good. I'm gonna have to take a road trip one day to come down and see your work. I'm in Greenville, NC.
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  09:25:59  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, send me email, big time velo excitement here always.

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page

awilson40
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  09:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will do :)

Optima Baron Elite
Cervelo RS
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2018 :  09:05:14  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still sanding, close to rolling over the unibody and finishing belly and the two wheel wells. Amateur is ok, keep learning. Entrepreneur , no! Medicare and ss is more fun, hehehehe. This one will be painted white with adds on side.

The auto body warehouse supply has always helped me with new products, they learn from body shop owners and l learn from them as it痴 passed down. 撤RO TIPS from people doing it for many years. Same with composites industry. My friend is production mgr at pursuit boats. He has gave me contacts and told me many modern techniques in boating industry. The contacts on phone especially.
覧覧覧覧覧覧

Over the hill on the kervelo, starting on rear rack that holds gear and top seat mount. Try to find left and righ panier bags.
覧覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 12/17/2019 20:15:33
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  21:19:58  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tv show filmed hour & 1/2 today inside. Rained! Be back next week for second part with couple go-pros on velomobiel when sun comes out.

Working on belly, i want it smooth:

覧覧覧-047

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 02/10/2019 23:15:40
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2018 :  10:35:37  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Plug under construction for top that will be removable. Bolted down with eleven 4mm bolts into rivnuts inserted into frame base of the upper top. Upper top also has big inspection door above pedals.

This is mold that made the light carbon base frame:

This photo below is fitting the upper base frame to the top rim of unibody. Bout 9 hours. U see rivnut, the kit is $34 on ebay. 的nstant nut squeezed into the carbon bodies where you need them with squeeze tool that comes in kit.

Nine rivnuts hold top on. Easy off. Rides on twelve rubber dics installed w/pliobond.

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 02/10/2019 23:19:05
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2019 :  15:40:17  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The yellow velomobiel story will air Tuesday 8 jan 2019 on WRAL channel 5 in raleigh nc. Short segment at 5:55 pm.

Wral.com (Take a link from WRAL痴 website on air date)

覧覧覧-

velosRus.com

Edited by - carolina on 01/07/2019 15:41:57
Go to Top of Page

carolina
human power supergeek

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2019 :  17:42:04  Show Profile  Visit carolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
8 January 2019

TV coverage:

https://youtu.be/DYXaFH1VZuo
覧覧-

velosRus.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page