www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Velomobiles
 Carbon mold/tool for lower&upper enclosed velo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carolina Posted - 05/15/2014 : 12:24:23
How l started. My airplane molds (BD-5) l own are used for cf velomobile unibody. Ideas/conversations are welcome: march-7-2015 [This past MAY has been 2 years].

My molds favor this shape:

velosRus.com
-----------------------------------------
brevity&misspelling rampant
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carolina Posted - 09/17/2019 : 00:57:12
The post at very top of this page and this post tells story of rohloff mid-drive in 4-wheeler.

The kit came today from netherlands with some extra spokes.

Bolts onto rohloff. Cog going rearward and one going forward. 28/17 tooth cogs.

I have it mocked up now with disc off that I will not need.

Yellow tape is where chain wheel goes to front:

—————————-
Brevity and misspellings rampant
————————————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/15/2019 : 19:00:54
Contact cement can be used alot in shop. I don’t need the dripping brush, just pour cement in smaller container like this. Thin contact cement with MEK 10 to 20 %. Or how thick or thin u want.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/14/2019 : 22:36:51
1)Rear cowling is one (1 piece) now. Tomorrow fglass inside to hold it together. Then carry on with sanding.

——————————

2)Layers of foam on the front now to sand to shape for toe pedal bumps & clearance like milan velomobiel when pedaling.

3)Bondo sand Bondo sand Bondo sand. Think of playboy magazine for shapes.

———————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/13/2019 : 18:19:17
New alignment tool made of 80/20. With inches or mm on it.

——————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/13/2019 : 18:06:06

——————————-
I put plug in mold and shoot foam in it for structure.

This orange mold made yellow velo rear cowling. Its a 3 piece mold. Now all l do is change top piece after i make it. A new df style 3rd bolt on piece. So, this mold makes 2 different rear cowlings by changing one part. Original top piece that made yellow velomobiel is in bedroom. I will make a new orange 3rd part.

——————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/03/2019 : 23:54:58
Welded up a seat base for right side of velomobiel lift today and painted it ( l have a small mig welder). Used a piece of hardwood for seat base & 4 six mm bolts. One more piece of foam to cut and hunt some naugahyde down the street to staple on to the wood. It’s a 2 foot seat.

Lift has wheels and stands up vertical on wall out of the way if needed. The seat stem has a pull-pin too. A NEEDED SEAT.

The 4 wheeler is lil tail heavy. I roll it backwards at an angle to the lift then pull it up & forward with the nose of the velomobiel over the markers even with the twin fglass belly saddles l made. Then you jack the lift up with foot pedal, the saddles grab the belly of the velomobiel. Put legs down and level with second hydraulic pedal.

When adjusting the 6 tie-rods & 12 rod-end bearings l can lay under velomobiel on packing blanket and pillow. Iam beginning to learn more about toe-in, or 0, or lil’ toe-out.
——————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 09/01/2019 : 06:29:22
New stuff from netherlands. Mid-drive gearbox/transmission behind seat on floor. ROHLOFF 14 speed:

This is so simple, zoom in u see the flange they sell that bolts on to the holes where the spokes go with 32 lil’ allen bolts. The cogs are 17/28. The 28 tooth cog goes back to the rear cog you choose on rear axle. The 17 tooth goes forward with other chain to your 2 speed chainring set up or bafang motor if you want that. The short chain want jump off of rear axle cog on this 4 wheeler. I really wanta find the correct length Gates Belt and use it from rohloff to rear axle cog on the four wheeler (quiet, smooth, last forever, never jump off). There are many cogs for Gates Belts on ebay and at gates corporation.

————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/30/2019 : 15:51:10
Worked 4 hours this morning on top and rear cowling. Yep still looks like other photos.

I have huge nose curb clearance on this velomobiel. Needed.

I love the lift i made from harbor freight lawnmower lift. Don’t be without it.

———————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/28/2019 : 22:38:14
Trimming was not fun but got er done.

I wanted waw drop out mounting flange flat. Took micro w/epoxy skim coat and laid waxed lexan over that. Flat now in all directions to bolt on WAW aluminum hardtail drop-outs.

——————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/25/2019 : 18:43:13
This mold can make a waw type rear (hard tail or soft-tail),,or regular 3 wheeler swing arm velomobiel,, or the 4wheeler. Back at the hard tail area i wanted more flange. Got on that this morning.

—————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/24/2019 : 20:59:08
The new mod’ed back area now ready for wet sanding and kombi putty. Final coats sprayed and buffed to high gloss. Still work to do in this lil’ area at rear of mold.

———————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/18/2019 : 10:48:50
Sanding in shop: I built this box with vaccum hose in it. It works great. I can use oscillating tool and keep skim coats of bondo going forward till ready for primer. I can flip box to rear of wheel wells and keep sanding, then move it to rear of the chain valley. I brush dust towards vaccum with paint brush. Shop has A/C, its 90 outside.

When ya brush on some primer ya see ya mistakes:) Spray final coats after wet sanding. This grey is lighter in color. Fills scratches. Its evercoat featherfill.

———————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/18/2019 : 10:29:58
OSCILLATING TOOL HEADS WITH MANY SHAPES : soft head, pointed, wide, hard to reach 90 degree areas.

Over the weekend i came up with a newer model of these oscillating tool heads. [“””””Plastic velcro with glue backing takin’ off w/acetone”””].

Then installed on tool head with dow u-428. Dow can take the heat. The expensive sanding paper is expanded see thru type. Tried regular velco, no workee! Plastic velcro takes the heat. I’ve tried different stuff for over a year.

Will report back:

********8/20/2019 update/update: these are bullet proof and holding up great sanding hard stuff (tooling gel coat & epoxy w/cotton flox) with oscillating heat. I have different shaped heads for tight places.

********8/23 update. The yellow pad can bolt to harbor freight metal tool head or go on with the dow u-428. Will not come off either way.

*********8/24 contact cement helped out alot, but still searching for more perfection in the tool heads.

I was glueing blk plastic velcro on with the dow u-428 with half success. Now I switched this part from dow to contact cement. Contact cement is new shop stuff:) it’s performance is good so far. Not many posting stuff like this, not many if any sanding epoxy w/micro balloons. But the harbor freight tool I would not be without.

————————————-
This is the hi-line sand paper i use from auto-body shop supply warehouse. 80 grit MIRKA. It’s great stuff. Goes on the velcro. Sanding epoxy/micro or bondo down in these compound curves is tuff on anything and oscillating cause high heat.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/17/2019 : 23:32:42
Made another lil mold. 14 days probably 1/2 hour per day. Carbon pinion gearbox mount. 2 part split mold.

I had thought about the 4 wheeler. Pinion mounted behind seat on floor with gates belt going back to the quattrovelo rear-end. Chain going forward under seat to crank.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 08/02/2019 : 09:47:43
Below pics:
Pic1-Shoved 2 inch foam in last night in big hole and covered, this morning, sanded sharp stuff.

Pic2-Now you see block foam inside this morning ready for shaping.

Pic3-Now u see sanded to shape to match other side with white micro.

Working night shifts, all holidays, and all weekends.

Above pic ,, building a lil 2” mold to sit in mold to get left and right angle upslope matching at rear of valley. Its for the 2” rear joggle that accepts the rear cowling of the velomobiel.

13 bondo tiles i put in today, more work at front of chain valley.

I don’t care how long it takes, try to get it perfect: i cut more out today, already filled in.

Symmetrical chain valley at the back at base of bulkhead.
—————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/26/2019 : 14:10:51
Difficult experiment but lovin it. Last night late, made a great change. The 1 tiny 11 tooth hilgo chain wheel changed out for short piece of quest chain tube. So smooth now, will help in shifting if ever a way is found. It is a rolhoff twin cable twist grip. No indexing.

This one floor shifter change wasn’t great because this floor shifter is for a 3 wheeler.

Ordered some custom chain wheel bearings for 10mm chain wheel axles. Changing to this wider softer chain wheel i make on my lil mill. Chain moves left and right from under seat. Stock chain wheel to narrow. This should fix that noise. Huge chain wheel axles/10mm,,, front and rear chain wheels.

Been riding lil every day, does pretty good but it’s not a rohloff or pinion.
————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/22/2019 : 18:23:02
After few months, designing base plate, measuring zillon times, getting new 10 speed chain,,, i just installed the hilgo velomobiel floor shifter (used DOW u-428/ebay as I always do).

As an experiment to work with the quattrovelo rear-end 10 speed sram. Hope it works, some might want to use it.

Heres short vid of how it works:
https://youtu.be/-LIyl4aGpac

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/19/2019 : 18:15:26
I bought a rivnut kit (needed lil care) from ebay, now its great,, i then bought a extra box of many sizes of mm rivnuts/ebay. Then i had a discount at harbor freight on the big yellow/black storage box in photo below. I have rivnuts color-coded and matching drills and reamers for each hole. Velomobiel rivnuts are aluminum. I put lil lanolin on threads of aluminum rivnuts.

—————————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/16/2019 : 20:10:40
Another music system in the second velomobiel/4wheeler. Bluetooth.

https://youtu.be/8tdx9ktbGTI

———————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/15/2019 : 10:36:55
He (ray) made a 3 pack for lights and horn,, and a 6 pack for music system. Both have BMS boards. Six pack runs music, radio, on iPhone in bluetooth all weekend.

————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/15/2019 : 10:28:04
BAFANG 1000 W-HD BATTERY:

My long friend ray and i are making our own batteries nowadays. He want wire one without BMS (battery management system).

I wanted a special one, flat like a huge history book in jr. high. 52v carries in backpack with the new magnetic plug (yea) from ebikeschool channel on youtube. Move battery from 2 wheeler to four wheeler. If ya fall off two wheeler the magnetic plug releases with no damage.

The battery management system board came in and I finished carbon box with 6 rivnuts and screws.

I pulled carbon top yesterday from a 4$ plastic tray from Walmart. With mavcoat release agent on tray (5 coats every 15 minutes).
—————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/15/2019 : 10:16:15
Newest kit amp at parts express dotcom. I use exciters (speakers w/no cone) from mouser. German companies with office in Dallas texas. The amp weight is nothing. It is bluetooth.

I use 4 of these Mouser exciters installed on carbon with dow u-428 (ebay). They use the carbon body to make sound. I have had this in yellow velomobiel. My Boise radio is not used anymore for music, just listen to velomobiel.

—————-

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/05/2019 : 21:36:59
20 or more hours on lower part of rear cowling plug. Plug =mold= part.

https://youtu.be/xOZ9GOVGPdg
————————

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 07/02/2019 : 12:21:14
Lord a mercy, been down in here for week. Riding velomobiel again first last night. (Helps back zillion times more than walking).

Molded rear cowling to rear wheel wells then scribed mold:

Rear cowling plug will be worth all the work.
—————————
3 july , worked 7 hours on lower rear cowling today and it looks same as yesterday with a pic.

velosRus.com
carolina Posted - 06/29/2019 : 11:16:20
This is a good one I stumbled on: ya know how many aggravating super glues you have bought over the years. Clogged up mess, top will not go back on, etc., well no more.

Well this one is the winner: “RAPID FUSE BY DAP @ lowes or Home Depot/ebay too. Not runny, top always clean,, tip always clean. Do not forget on some projects to mix bakeing soda with it for super strong holds.

Brevity and misspellings rampant
————————

velosRus.com

www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000