www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 HPV Racing
 Unfaired hour attempt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Quicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Auré Posted - 04/05/2012 : 07:24:42
I will attempt once again the hour record.
It will take place between the mid end the end of May at the Bordeaux-Lac wooden track.

I will use this selfmade bike :
There is some little things to finish but it will not affect the global aspect.

The first timed test were very fast, but as you know it's always hard to presume of the one hour covered distance.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LongJohn Posted - 11/30/2013 : 10:58:26
Yes there is; http://recumbents.com/wrra/rules.htm#The%20WRRA%20Committee
25hz Posted - 11/29/2013 : 17:41:50
Wow, quite the thread! A belated congratulations to Aur for the new record, but too bad he decided to run with foot fairings. I'm particularly a fan of the record due to the short cranks and the oval ring ;)

I would tend to agree with the ruling. A "pedal fairing" would be sized to fit the pedal. Obviously, the fairing was big enough to fair the shoe or the foot, depending on how you want to claim it. Shoes are items of clothing, and you can't fair them. If it's a foot fairing, that's part of the human body - can't fair it either. Psychologically, I can understand how Aur didn't want to change them out at the last minute, but regardless of the hype, it still would have violated the wildly open set of rules for the WRRA. How much of an effect did they have? Unknown, but in my experiments, reading and research, often even bad fairings are better than no fairings at all. When people start coming along with integrated shoes and pedals that are equally faired, I hope the WRRA boys have thought about them enough to come up with a ruling.

I don't agree with Mike that there should be a stock-stock and an ultimate-stock class. That would be a nightmare to control and administer. It would be like a normal Olympics and a "juicer" Olympics. I am surprised that Mike is so disheartened by the decision. Comparing the WRRA to the IHPVA is like comparing apples and crow bars. The IHPVA, as a global organization, is mostly dead due to politics and infighting, which splintered off into the current 3 or 4 different HPVA organizations that now exist. With true global representation for the WRRA committee, hopefully that means something that will remain viable and trusted. Is there a French rep on the WRRA committee too?
Garrie L Hill Posted - 08/24/2012 : 17:00:10
M & M's

Garrie "carbon based lifeform" Hill
HPRA Co-Dictator of the East
for pics of some of my time and money sucking projects
http://garriehill.winkflash.com/
and
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/cfbb/
and videos
http://vimeo.com/5513519

Speedbiker Posted - 08/24/2012 : 14:27:04
Thomas, when someone posts an opinion, which they are free to do, but they are not competitors and will likely never make a record attempt, I pay little attention. Why people with no stake in the game feel compelled to make inflamitory statements is beyond me, and not worth consideration.
LongJohn Posted - 08/24/2012 : 08:40:13
PB,

Can you please explain why you consider Thom to be "just like the UCI"?
Thom's point was that rules are set to adhere to. They can be challenged, but the final say is to the disgression of the committee.
If your challenge contains valid arguments why the rules should be amended please send them to the WRRA committee for review.
We will provide you with a substantiated response, and amend the rules when deemed necessary.
Telling someone he sounds like the UCI is not a valid argument.

High regards,

Thomas van Schaik
WRRA committee member.
Public Enemy Posted - 08/23/2012 : 23:08:00
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbiker

Aure and Loran, I understand your discussion. I believe the is no chance of any reattachment of airflow with current designs. A wheel or seats stays cannot reattach air. As the Europeans are the one who developed tailfairings who take advantage of airflow reattachment, you can easily see what is needed. However, what I would like to ask you is this: Imagine yourself creating rules for a nonfaired recumbent catagory. Then imagine how you would deal with every single very clever bike designer who tries to build aerodynamic aids into his bike. At the onset, what would you say is allowed? Then, what new inventions would you allow? Plus, once something is allowed, what happens years later when people then decide it doesn't conform to the rules? Do you pull a UCI Eddt Merckx and roll the rules backward. The people who created the WRRA and it's rules are regular human beings. They have no windtunnel or crystal ball. Perhaps you will get fed up with the WRRA and create your own organization. I cannot wait because I will be the first to design a bike to get around your rules. And then I will say the rules weren't right to begin with. Then, just maybe I will form my own organization..... Or, we can supoort our present organization, follow it's guildelines, and adhere to their decisions.

You guys are just like the UCI now you know those "banners" that you love to hate?

Just saying.

I did good by getting out of the deal. Got good money too.

Public Enemy
Ivo.M Posted - 07/08/2012 : 08:47:38
FYI: Eastern Germany, ca. 1961.

Speedbiker Posted - 07/07/2012 : 18:49:11
Vote early and often.
tim_turner Posted - 07/07/2012 : 15:26:52
do I get 4 faired pedals if I vote twice?

T
Speedbiker Posted - 07/07/2012 : 13:05:57
Just don't bog us down with any pesky rules. Just think of the cool bikes we will get to ride!
randy Posted - 07/07/2012 : 12:42:38
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbiker

Randy G. for president of the World...

That has a nice ring to it. If you vote for me I promise two shoe fairings for every recumbent.
Speedbiker Posted - 07/07/2012 : 11:51:50
Randy G. for president of the World Prone or Supine, Kind of Faired, but Unfaired Recumbent Racing Organization! The W.P.S.K.F.U.R.R.O.
randy Posted - 07/07/2012 : 11:10:50
There are a lot of faired parts on an "unfaired" bike. We can call them shoe splitters or covers if it makes a difference.
Speedbiker Posted - 07/07/2012 : 08:52:39
Why do you keep using the the words "faired pedals" and "unfaired" in the same sentance? Why do you want something faired in nonfaired? It would make more sense to rename taifaired as partially faired and allow one or the other. Wait a minute, the Midwest Streamliner series(now the HPRA) initiated that in the late 80s.
PUGZCAT Posted - 07/07/2012 : 06:54:32
Baah! Humbug! I'm surprised no one else ever thought to fair the pedals twenty years ago. How would one fair pedals "legally"? Offhand I like Upright Mike's idea of two classes of unfaired recumbents, rock it old school 1934 Velocar with a steel frame and spoked wheels and a new school innovation class. The sudden influx of fresh ideas and young world class athletes to recumbent racing reminds me of what happened to the Indianapolis 500 race in 1960. Folks had to do a rethink that maybe a tall heavy front engined roadster wasn't the state of the art after all.
Auré Posted - 06/20/2012 : 03:06:11
All split time avaible here :

http://m5sudouest.free.fr/Heure_Aurelien_Bonneteau.pdf
Victor Ragusila Posted - 06/02/2012 : 17:05:17
interesting...I was wondering what Altair team was doing. BM this year be crazy! So many new bikes.
Auré Posted - 06/01/2012 : 23:24:06
@ Upright Mike :
Thanks you. I see that you are a truly recumbent wise !

@ Larry Lem :
This is not the Pulse streamliner from Policumbent. It will be the Altaïr 4 from Studiant French team of Annecy IUT.
Larry Lem Posted - 06/01/2012 : 21:18:23
Is it the Pulse streamliner from Policumbent?http://www.facebook.com/policumbent
It looks like a better Flying Cucumber.

Larry Lem
Upright Mike Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:44:05
Aure,

Many may think that your 56.597 km is your best one hour ever, BUT few (besides me!) know that you did 60.572 km in a Milan SL Velomobile at the 2011 Monza WHPVA World Championships.

I fully expect that you can do 95 KM in a proper fully faired machine and break the World -streamlined- Record too!

http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/fastest_list.asp
Auré Posted - 06/01/2012 : 09:45:46
It will be revealed soon ;)
The team who build it, should make it ready in use in the end of June. We hope of course be enough fast to be able to attempt and overtake world hour record and 200 meters fly start. But we also see that it is more and more hard in fully faired category to be faster than the world records...
W Hilgenberg Posted - 06/01/2012 : 09:27:59
Any pictures of said streamliner?
Auré Posted - 06/01/2012 : 09:25:30
quote:
Originally posted by warren

Hey Auré,

Would you consider another record run without the shoe fairings?

-Warren.

My next hour attempt should be, I hope, at the DEKKRA in the end of July, in a new streamliner. If all go right, I hope also be present at BM in september.
Gugi100 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 08:48:33
quote:
Originally posted by Auré

Gugi100 ( Gert Jan ) ! What a pleasure to read you! You've still forgot to deliver me the 150€ price you talked here : http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2191&whichpage=3 ! :D

I didnot forget. I have tried to contact you several times, also on this adres m5sudouest@free.fr. and did not get a reply. I need you bancaccountnumber. I will try once agian via m5sudouest@free.fr.

Gr GJ
warren Posted - 06/01/2012 : 07:49:40
Hey Auré,

Would you consider another record run without the shoe fairings?

-Warren.

www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000